SEA-CROP® Instructions for Use
- The product must be diluted before application.
- Use at a concentration of 1% to 2% strength. One gallon of SEA-CROP® added to 49 gallons of water equals a 2% solution. Five tablespoons of SEA-CROP® (two and a half ounces) per gallon of water equals a 2% solution.
- Diluted SEA-CROP® can be used as a soil drench. Use a minimum of 3 applications per season applied at 3 week intervals starting at planting, transplanting or after emergence. A good alternative is to do one soil application followed by two foliar applications after emergence.
- Diluted SEA-CROP® can be used as a foliar spray. A minimum of 3 applications per season applied at 3 week intervals are recommended.
Annual Application Rates
- Apply 4 gallons of SEA-CROP® concentrate per acre.
- Apply 2 to 4 gallons of SEA-CROP® concentrate per acre.
- Medium size trees (size 3-6 feet): use 4 oz. SEA-CROP® seawater concentrate per tree, not to exceed 10 gallons per acre.
- Large trees (size 6-12 feet): use 6 oz of SEA-CROP® concentrate per tree, not to exceed 10 gallons per acre.
- Apply 2 to 4 gallons per acre.
- Safely handle SEA-CROP® as you would any agricultural input.
- For best results, never mix SEA-CROP® with synthetic fertilizers, insecticides or herbicides. SEA-CROP® should be applied, by itself, one to two weeks before or after other agricultural treatments. Co-application with compost tea is permissible.
Excellent results have been reported when SEA-CROP® has been mixed with molasses or unpasteurized milk for co-application as a soil drench. Either of these is an effective addition to aid in building up soil microflora populations and promotes rapid assimilation by soil biota of all kinds.
When using molasses, any kind will do. Just pick up the cheapest kind that you can get at the feed store. Also take care not to overdo it. If you use more than a couple of gallons per acre per year, you run the risk of turning soil bacteria into sugar junkies and that is counterproductive.
When milk is used, 2 to 3 gallons of unpasteurized milk will do the trick. Alternatively, other sugar sources such as 6 pounds to the acre of sucrose or dextrose could be used.
A good program is to only use molasses or milk with the first SEA-CROP® application each growing season.
- SEA-CROP® may be used as a mineral supplement for animal nutrition. The product can be added to drinking water or food. The very low daily dosage rate is 0.02 to 0.05 milliliters per kilogram of body weight. This is approximately 1/5 to1/2 teaspoon per 100lbs.
Sea-Crop is a concentrate that contains all of the wonderful goodness of seawater in concentrated form but with the sodium chloride 95% reduced.
A gallon of Sea-Crop makes 100 gallons of Sea-Crop ready for application.